Thursday, September 25, 2014

A funny thing happened on the way back from Prometric...

I took my first Architect Registration Exam last Monday; it was Construction Documents and Services. I studied everything I could get my hands on and practiced vignettes until my eyes hurt. Naturally, when I left the testing facility I ran through a few questions in my head I wanted to check the answer to when I got back to the office.

While I was driving away from Prometric I remembered that part way through my exam I found my self singing a Maroon 5 song in my head. I wondered how that could have possibly happened as I'm really not a Maroon 5 fan... then I thought: I hope that means I was relaxed and feeling good about the test.

Then I realized I had forgotten the questions I wanted to look up! Probably just as well. I decided that no matter what happened it was good that I got one over with. I feel confident in how to study and how to approach future exams now.

What was on the exam, you interns might wonder? You'll have to see for yourself. But I can tell you that it was largely unexpected. 

How did I do, you're also wondering? Well...I honestly didn't think I passed. I ended the multiple choice portion feeling OK about half of the questions and I felt the I nailed the vignette, even though I finished with about 53 seconds left on the clock. Whatever happened in that Prometric room is in the past now because I PASSED!!! The rolling clock has begun and I'm confident in moving forward. Might just knock them all out in the next year. We'll see.

I didn't share the first test journey with anyone except a few coworkers and my husband, but now that I've gotten the first one out of the way let's start documenting the battle. Stay tuned for PPP this Fall! Feels good to be 1/7th of an Architect :)

2 comments:

  1. You will find that the feeling of uncertainty will be consistent when you walk out of each and every exam. I've also discovered that when you're certain you failed, that it means you've passed. Staying confident and giving yourself time to study is the key. It can be difficult when you're dealing with deadlines and the last thing you want to do when you get home is study. Making a study schedule and sticking with it is helpful. I wish I had done that for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not really think that there is any need to look up for a questions after the exam. It i done, and you should forget about that and relax until you know the result.

    ReplyDelete