Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Say What?

I realized this morning that ever since I entered the professional architecture realm I say things differently.

Instead of cinder blocks, it's CMU; I point out if wood should be firetreated; some statements are vague, leaving the real decision making to the person I am talking to; I always comment if things are code compliant or not; I am constantly pointing out sub-par detailing to my husband while we are out and about; and I say the word "typical" in normal conversation. Luckily the latter isn't in note form with a statment, then a pause, then "typical", but it comes up pretty often.

Nothing really mind-blowing about this. I just think it's funny how our professions can alter the way we speak. I'm thinking that Lawyers would be really hard to understand...



No comments:

Post a Comment